making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 12 August 2018

A Sobering Moment II

Death never fails to set one thinking about life. 
I came close to my own death back in 2006 where I nearly died from acute gangrenous appendictis with perforation and severe serositis/ pertonitis. I was in great pain for 4 days as the initial A&E doctor couldn't diagnosed what was wrong with me. A normal 40 minutes procedure turned into a 3-hours operation. I was lucky, I am lucky. 

Below is an excerpt of what I wrote back in my blog post from 14 June 2007: A Year Later 

"Work is longer than life. Treasure your Life. 
It is true, there will always be work but if there is no life, there's nothing. Work is only part of our lives. If there is something that you have always wanted to do, something that you have always wanted to learn, something that you have always wanted to say, PLEASE do not put it off to another day or time. Because you never know what life is going to dish up to you next, don't be caught short. Don't take life for granted. I am very lucky and very thankful. I am living on extended time. From now on, I will live my life to its fullest (within limits, of course :P). I am not going to take anything for granted." 

However, as time passed, I have forgotten to not take my life for granted. I have forgotten to enjoy life. I have forgotten. 

Now is a timely reminder to reflect on what I am going to do with the 2nd life I have been given back in 2006.

No comments: