making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 14 June 2007

A Year Later...

It has been exactly a year after my emergency surgery. Some of you would recall that I was in great pain for 4 days before it was discovered what was wrong. The clinical diagnosis was acute gangrenous appendicitis with perforation and severe serositis/ peritonitis. If I didn't have the surgery when I did, I would not be here today, blogging away. Hahaha.

Remember what I wrote to all of you after my surgery (via email)? In case, you don't...

"Work is longer than life. Treasure your Life.
It is true, there will always be work but if there is no life, there's nothing. Work is only part of our lives. If there is something that you have always wanted to do, something that you have always wanted to learn, something that you have always wanted to say, PLEASE do not put it off to another day or time. Because you never know what life is going dish up to you next, don't be caught short. Don't take life for granted. I am very lucky and very thankful. I am living on extended time. From now on, I will live my life to its fullest (within limits, of course :P). I am not going to take anything for granted."

Yes, I have not been idle. I have changed in some ways. I have stopped to notice Life that goes on around me. I have learnt to appreciate the simple beauties in Life - a flower, a tree, the stars. I live for the here and now. I no longer wait for things to happen. I seize the day where possible.

Some thoughts of mine one year on...
To all my Friends, Thank you for having been there with me at the various points of my life. You have enriched my life in one way or another and I am glad for your friendships. Thank you for everything. Your friendships mean much more to me than you realised!

To all my Friends, Live each day to its fullest. Treasure Life.

I love you all. I will see you around. Take care.

No comments: