making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 4 August 2018

Salted Egg Craze

continues. Another brand that has appeared in the market that sells salted egg potato chips.  
I actually like this particular brand as compared to the current popular brand that starts with "I". There is enough coating of salted egg on the chips but not overly so. You won't feel as if your entire tongue has been rolled in salted egg which is not a nice sensation! I also like the print on the packaging which looks like Peranakan tiles! If I remember my History correctly, Shi Le Po is one of the local Chinese names for Singapore used by the Hokkien-speaking ethnic Chinese in early modern Singapore. 
If ever I have to choose a local snack to represent Singapore, I will most likely choose Shi Le Po for its historical name, its Peranakan packaging design and for its taste. 

No comments: