making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 24 December 2007

Virgin No More...

Yup, I am no longer a spa virgin, lol. What were you guys thinking? Hello, two kids, how to be a virgin still?? Hahaha. :P

I had my very first spa experience on Saturday 22 December when we stayed for a night at Conrad Centennial Hotel. I never thought I would go for spa in this life as I had been frightened off spa by a friend's experience. But while I was browsing through The Centennial Spa (by St Gregory) menu, I became very curious as to how it would be like going for a spa. I thought to myself, "Why not? Just for the fun of it. If I don't like it, I never have to do it again. But at least, I have tried it before. Life is really too short to be scared of doing stuff, lol".

I decided to go for Double Impact (80 minutes) which is a combination of aromatic body bliss massage and well-being back massage. I signed up for a slot at 9pm. Then I could go shopping in the afternoon and return at night for a massage to soothe all my tired muscles, hahaha.

When I went to the spa, I realised I was the only hotel guest using the spa facilities at 9pm. So I had the whole place to myself and two staff to wait on me, lol. Wah, feel like royalty already, lol. :P I had to fill out a declaration form first. After which the therapist, May led me to the Ladies changing room to change. I had to remove all my clothes! I was like "Huh? What? Ok, fine! Too late to be shy and back out now, lol". At least, I still have a paper undies and a bath robe that was wrapped most tightly and tied most tightly around me to protect my modesty. Hahaha. But little did I know, I had problems untying the knot when I had to disrobe for the massage... $#%^! Lol. :P

In the therapy room, there was soothing music playing softly, the lights were dimmed and essential oil burning in the burners. I felt all relaxed already until I had to disrobe, lol. Tied my knot too tightly, hahaha. May was really nice and she put me at ease when she knew it was my first time doing a spa massage. I was told to lie front down first on the massage table and she started with massages on my legs and back. She used aromatic massage oil which was really nice and soothing to the senses. I think I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep, lol. She told me that my neck and shoulder muscles were really tight and stiff. How right she is! She really worked on those stiff neck and shoulder muscles of mine, with her hands and elbows, putting in pressure trying to ease the knots away. Ouch, ouch, ouch. But hey, no pain, no gain! I did feel my neck and shoulders weren't so knotted up after she worked on them. She went on to massage my arms before I was told to turn over onto my back. She gave me a scalp massage and it felt really good. She then proceeded to work on my legs again, my arms, shoulders, chest and stomach.

All too soon, my 80 minutes was up but actually, it was 90 minutes. May worked on me a little longer because of my neck and shoulder muscles. She was really nice. She also used hot towels to wipe the oil off me so that I won't be too oily when I take my shower. After the massage, I was also given a tea to drink which I had chosen from 4 choices before I started my massage session. My peppermint, as usual, lol.

Overall, my first spa massage experience has been a blast. It was actually fantastic. I felt very relaxed and very pampered after the massage. This is life, lol. Hmm, I could consider going for spa massages like this on a regular basis, lol. :P

PS. I later developed a headache, neck and shoulder aches because I was trying to work on my laptop while trying to watch Fantastic 4. My posture was all wrong so it was my own fault, undoing the good the massage has done. Served me right, lol. As a good friend later said to me, "After a massage, you are supposed to relax! Not work on the laptop, lol". So true, lol. Well, I have learnt my lesson. :)

No comments: