making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 24 April 2009

A Silver Lining

I woke up early to get ready to be pick up at 8:25am for my OC Experience day trip today (23 April Thursday USA time; 24 April Friday Singapore time). However at 7:30am, I received a call from the tour agency that the day trip has been cancelled because there were not enough people to form a group, needed at least 8 people and we were short of 2 persons. Sigh. I was kinda disappointed because I was looking forward to visiting the beaches of OC such as the Newport Beach.

Due to the cancellation of the day trip, my whole day was immediately freed up. Hmm, what shall I do? The temperature has also dropped significantly. The max was only about 21C. It was chilly. :( Was surfing the Internet when I discovered that there is a mall, South Coast Plaza which has 280 shops. The great thing is there is a shuttle service to and fro the mall from Disneyland Area hotels such as Hyatt Regency which very near to my hotel. :) Since it was too cold in the morning, I decided to go over to Hyatt for the 1:45pm pick up.

Arrived at South Coast Plaza at 2:10pm. I intended to go back with the 5:15pm pick up so that gave me about 3 hours to shop/ browse. There were indeed many shops spread over two building. I only shopped at specific stores such as Macy's to get my PI's stuff, Disney Store to get my girls Disney Princess t-shirts, H&M and Victoria's Secret for my stuff! Lol. The rest was just window shopping. I didn't even bother to cross The Bridge of Gardens to get to the other building which is part of South Coast Plaza.



Me taking a break on the Bridge of Gardens

Returned to Anaheim about 5:45pm. Decided to have an early dinner at Coco's again lol. The waiters and waitresses recognised me lol. I decided to give myself a nice treat for dinner. Ordered a Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken ($11.69): chicken breast served with sun-dried tomato cream sauce, creamy mashed potato and vegetables, added $1.99 for a Chicken Wild Rice Soup and for dessert: a Cream Cheese Pie with Cherry Topping ($3.99). I was hungry haha. :P The soup was actually very nice with the wild rice, there was bite and chew to the soup. The mashed potato on its own was already fabulous! With the sauce, the mashed potato was even better. :) The chicken as usual was moist and tender. :) By the time I was done with my main course, I was too full to polish off my cream cheese pie so I packed it to go lol. :P




Back at the hotel, I started packing my stuff because I am going home tomorrow (24 April Friday USA time; 25 April Saturday Singapore time). Gosh, I really bought a lot of things! :P

PS The cream cheese pie was absolutely delicious! :)

No comments: