making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 19 April 2009

Conference Presentation

Today's my paper presentation. It was the last session of the day, 4:45-6:15pm. I was the third out of fourth speakers to present.

My colleague and I left early for the conference because I had to register. We arrived about 8:15am. No hassle with the registration and we adjourned to the Royal Ballroom for the keynote speech. The keynote was about the teaching and learning for the 21st Century and by far the most interesting or maybe it touched on my area of interest - assessment. :P

I met two keynoters from my conference in Korea and we chatted. I was very surprised that they remembered me. :) After lunch, I started preparing for my presentation. I was nervous. :S I went earlier to the room, Garden 3 to wait. Soon the other presenters also arrived and the audience. At 5:25pm, it was my turn to present. There were at least 25 people in the room as I prepared 25 handouts and there were no extras left. It was the first time that I presented without referring to my notes! I did miss a few things but I think I managed to say most what I needed to say for my presentation. :P At the Q&A session, 3 out of 4 questions asked were for me. The audience was interested in the study I presented and wanted to know more. I was pretty glad that my responses to the questions were well-received because I could see the professors in the room nodding in agreement to what I said. :) Phew. It was finally over. :)



After my presentation, we met with another 2 colleagues and went for Mexican dinner at La Casa Garcia. I ordered a Chicken Taco & Enchilada (US$9.95) which came with a salad. My jaws dropped when I saw how HUGE the portion was! Goodness, I was hungry but even then, I couldn't finish it!


We went back to the hotel after dinner around 8pm+. I fell asleep almost immediately when I lay down to rest at 10pm+. Lol. All the excitement and jet lag have taken their toll on me. :P

PS Today was Saturday 18 April in USA but Sunday 19 April in Singapore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your presentation and attempting to finish that mammoth of a meal...a daunting task.
I'm off to Singapore tomorrow the 23rd 1pm US time.
Abby

hweiming said...

Hi Abby,

I am sorry that you won't be able to read this reply before you depart for Singapore. But thanks once again for your good wishes. Oh yes, daunting is the word. I was so shocked when I saw that dish. I was already full just by looking at it haha. :P

Enjoy your time in Singapore.

Hwei Ming