making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 20 April 2009

Lights, Camera, Action and Stars!

When in close vicinity to the movie capital of the world, LA, what shall I do? Go see the stars, of course. And many stars indeed, I saw! :)

On Sunday 19 April in USA (20 April Monday in Singapore), I went on a day trip to see the stars and movies. The tour started in the morning bringing us first to Staples Centre where LA Lakers was playing a game that afternoon, and then on to Olvera Street, the oldest part of Downtown LA and part of El Pueblo LA Historic Monument, for some photo-taking (15 minutes). Olvera Street has some historic buildings like Avila Adobe and it is a very lively and beautiful area with its rich history. Should come back here next time.







Next stop was Hollywood Walk of Fame to see the stars (45 minutes). :) Yar, literally the movie stars' handprints, footprints, signatures and their stars on the street! Lol. :P I took photos of some of them and with the famous Hollywood sign. :) Next we went to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive where the rich and famous live and shop lol. Unfortunately we didn't see any rich and famous persons. :(











At about 1pm, one family and I were dropped off at Universal Studio with our pick up returning at 7pm. Ok, that's about 5 hours for me to do and see things lol. I went straight for the Studio Tour which was really fun and educational. :) I went on The Mummy ride and saw two shows, Shrek and Waterworld. I went into most of the shops at Universal Studio lol. My favourite shop was Marvel Mania. :) I left Universal Studio around 6pm so that I could look at the shops just outside the Studio. :) Found a few more things to buy. :)













The coach came on time at 7pm to pick us up. I returned to my hotel around 8pm. Went to a nearby Chinese restaurant for my take away dinner - Yang Chow Fried Rice. Goodness, the portion was so huge that I could only finish half of it. :(

Me all happy after the visit to Universal Studio, my childhood dream

PS. Today was really hot, 37C!!! That's even hotter than in Singapore! I kept re-applying my sunscreen and drinking water but I think my cheeks still got a bit burnt.

No comments: