making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Lucky Pennies

I have been very lucky when I was in the USA. I don't know if it is related to the pennies I have been picking up lol. :P

Since my first day of arrival, I have almost been picking up a penny a day. :) Sometimes right there on the pavement, sometimes in the fitting rooms of stores, sometimes just in the oddest places, like once on the seat of a roller coaster ride lol. Somehow, I tend to find the penny even though I am not looking for it because I would accidentally step on it. It was as if the penny wanted to be found by me haha. :) Don't know why but I would be very happy to find the penny and would always without fail pick it up. :) I have been putting those pennies I found aside. :) It has been an old habit of mine lol. You see, I have always been lucky in finding coins/ picking up coins. So far, the largest amount I have found is a $10 note (ok, that's not a coin lol). But for that one, I donated it to charity. :)

I didn't know a lot about lucky pennies but since young, I always have this belief that if I found a coin, it must be lucky and I will keep it aside until I decided it was time for it to go. Call me strange if you like but it was my belief and it still is lol. While browsing, I found this website about The Lucky Penny. Hmm, so it isn't so strange of me after all to think of found coins as lucky! :)

No comments: