making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 21 April 2007

Day Out

I have heard about Central, the new mall at Clarke Quay but haven't had the chance to visit it. So today, I decided to bring the girls there. Hmm...not bad, quite a number of shops but what I was most interested in were the number of Japanese restaurants there. Yes, food again. Haha. I have always like Japanese food, except the raw stuff because I can't take wasabi, too "spicy" for me. We decided to try this authentic Japanese restaurant, Kyomomoyama 京桃山. When we sat down, we were immediately served with an appetiser. The girls enjoyed eating it. I ordered a Ten Ju (tempura set) while my husband ordered a Grilled Salmon set. My Ten Ju came with tempura (prawns, fish, and vegetables on top of rice), appetiser, pickles, chawanmushi (steamed egg), miso soup and dessert. My husband's Salmon set came with grilled salmon, steamed rice, side dish, appetiser, potato salad, miso soup and dessert. The food was GOOD! Definitely going back there again. :)


My Ten Ju set

My husband's Grilled Salmon set




After lunch, we went to grab ice-cream from Azabu Sabo Hokkaido Ice-cream. It is 100% natural, low fat, home made ice-cream. I had Milk Tea ice-cream, the girls shared a Strawberry and Blueberry ice-cream and hubby had Lychee ice-cream. After us, were a long line of Japanese ordering their ice-cream too. If native Japanese are going for it, it must be good. Indeed, the ice-cream were really nice, not too rich and creamy for the flavours we had. Really light. Hmm...should have bought a tub home. Hahaha.


The girls and their father making the ice-cream orders

The girls and their Strawberry & Blueberry ice-cream

I thought might as well bring the girls out for dessert again tonight after dinner so that tomorrow, I can stay home and concentrate on my writing. Actually, the dessert is more for me as I am the one with the sweet tooth in the family. Hahaha. We went to the Big O, Wheelock Place. We shared a Count Chocula, a heart-shaped chocolate truffle cake with a scoop of Rum n Raisin ice-cream, roasted chopped almond, raisins and M&Ms. Marieann liked the cake while Juliane enjoyed the ice-cream more. It is a good way to end the night on a sugar high. =)

Count Chocula



Updated 21 April 2007, 11:15pm

Ok, it is NOT a good idea for the girls to have a rich dessert at night! I am suffering now because Juliane is still awake!

No comments: