making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 2 April 2007

April fooled!

Today, I had counselling. I thought I was safe because it is 2nd April today, NOT 1st April so I let my guard down. Oh boy! How wrong I was!

A child asked me to pretend that the American national anthem is translated as Mei Guo Guo Ge (in Chinese Hanyu Pinyin) and for short, it's Mei Ge. Ok. Fine. Then, Chinese national anthem is ... Zhong Ge. Ok, I get the pattern, even though it sounded strange and not quite right. She then asked me what is French national anthem? Ok, wth the same pattern and rule, I gave her the answer - Fa ... . She was giggling away. I didn't get it and she asked me to repeat it a number of times and then it HIT me! I was April fooled!!! I am not going to repeat what the answer is. Those of you who are curious, please go ahead and try it for yourself.

A good friend laughed and said I was "gong gong" (Hokkien for stupid), repeated so many times. Well, how I know I was going to be tricked?! I was pure of mind, didn't think so much. And friend's verdict was: pure = gong. Hahaha.

Ok, maybe served me right for underestimating the kids now-a-days. It's a lesson learnt. Until the next April Fool's Day.

No comments: