making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 22 March 2014

Hidden Gems - Haji Lane & Prince Coffee House

Haji Lane is one of Singapore's hidden gems, located in the Kampong Glam area or also known as the Arab district. Haji Lane is a narrow strip of shophouses which housed small trendy shops and boutiques stocked with offbeat labels that you won’t find in the major malls in Singapore as well as cool cafes and eateries.
Haji Lane reminds me of the laneways and alleys in Melbourne. :) I didn't have the chance to wander into the shops and boutiques as I was there in the evening for dinner, actually. I will need a whole afternoon to explore all the shops and boutiques! :P
Attention grabbing murals
Quirky, unique and trendy shops/ boutiques
Haji Lane
Interesting decor
Amusing signs
Sultan Mosque
I enjoyed walking along Haji Lane with all its colours, liveliness, quirkiness, and charms. :)

The other hidden gem is Prince Coffee House, along Beach Road (near to Haji Lane). Prince Coffee House, a 70s Hainanese Western food restaurant, used to be located within Coronation Plaza, Bukit Timah Road. It was a favourite student hangout by students from National Junior College, Hwa Chong JC, Nanyang Girls' High, Chinese High. :) I used to frequent it when I was a student at NJC for its $6 student meal set! :P I was upset about two years ago when I found out that Prince Coffee House has moved out from Coronation Plaza. I am really glad to have found it again. :) The flavours are still the same as that from my memory. The roast pork, the Hainanese pork chop with rice, the yam cake, the apple pie - all DELICIOUS!
I will definitely go back to Prince Coffee House for its food as well as for a trip down memory lane of my school days lol. :) 
Set with soup and garlic bread
Roast Pork
Hainanese Pork Chop with rice

No comments: