making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 7 March 2014

300: Rise of an Empire

I have been waiting a long time for this prequel and sequel to 300, 300: Rise of an Empire.
This movie is a companion to 300 in a way. The story first took place (before the fall of the 300) at the Battle of Marathon (First Persian invasion of Greece led by King Darius I or Prince Xerces' father), which later led to the Second Persian invasion of Greece by King Xerxes I (where the famous Battle of Thermopylae occurred - the fall of 300 Spartans led by King Leonidas I and the naval Battle of Artemisium occurring simultaneously) and finally leading to the naval Battle of Salamis.
The main draw of the movie is not the historical accuracy but the action packed sequences, and plenty of slow-motion in the tradition of the first 300 movie. :) Plenty of blood and gore in this prequel/ sequel 300 as well, if not bloodier and more gory. The Greeks are not too bad but give me a perfectly ripped Spartan anytime from the first 300 movie. :P Actually, I also preferred the villain, Artemisia, the female Persian naval commander. I couldn't dislike her at all! She drew most of my attention in the movie. She is my hero lol. I would love to have those killer glares and moves of hers. Nothing excites me more than to see men quaking in fear of a woman. :P Woman power! Lol. 
Those looks could kill! :)
Spartan Queen Gorgo is not too bad too :) and the hero, Athenian commander Themistocles
 (Source of photos: http://www.movieweb.com/movie/300-rise-of-an-empire)
300: Rise of an Empire trailer 1 (uploaded by Warners Bros. Pictures)
 

300: Rise of an Empire trailer 2 (uploaded by Warners Bros. Pictures)


300: Rise of an Empire trailer 3 (uploaded by Warners Bros. Pictures)


Quotes from 300: Rise of an Empire  (source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/quotes)
Queen Gorgo: It begins as a whisper... a promise... the lightest of breezes dances above the death cries of 300 men. That breeze became a wind. A wind that my brothers have sacrificed. A wind of freedom... a wind of justice... a wind of vengeance.

Themistocles: Better we show them, we chose to die on our feet, rather than live on our knees!  

300: Rise of an Empire didn't disappoint and totally lived up to my expectation. :) It was definitely worth the wait. I really enjoyed the movie and will buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. 

No comments: