making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 25 March 2008

The Day After the Wedding

It is the day after the wedding. Most of us were still a little tired after some pretty hard partying at the wedding but we all agreed that we have had great fun and the whole wedding was great! Great weather, great venue, great food and most importantly, great couple. :)

I left the new extended family, close to noon, to have some time to bond since Evelyn, Kenneth, Pippa and Oma would be flying back to Dubai on Thursday. I went to DFO (Direct Factory Outlet), Essendon again, lol. Today's temperature was not as high as yesterday's but still, when the sun shines, it was scorching on the skin. The sunnies came straight out immediately as the sun was shining most brightly. In Singapore, I seldom put on my sunnies but here, it is an automatic reaction, lol. :P The sun here, without much cloud cover in the sky, is a killer. Anyway, I took a slow walk, about 20 minutes to DFO. On the way, I also took some photos. (Will put up a separate post of the photos I have taken of the scenes.)



As I was still very full from last night's dinner, I skipped lunch and went straight into shopping, lol. There is a lot of bargains but I have limited space in my luggage, only can take extra 6kg! So I really have to be selective in what I buy, lol. I bought the girls a blouse, a skirt and a dress each as I have promised them. I got myself a blouse and another item. :) Nothing cheers the soul like shopping does, lolol. :P

I made my way back to the apartment at 4pm. Started to pack my stuff as I will be leaving for Sydney on a 10:30am flight to Sydney. My best friend, Min will be picking me up the airport when I arrive at 11:50am. Evelyn, Ken and the rest came back from a late lunch around 4pm+. Renata and her family were flying back to Queensland on a 7pm+ flight. The first round of good-byes and farewells started, everyone giving one another goodbye hugs and kisses. Of course, I was hugging everyone too. When in Australia, do as the Aussies do, lol. Although I have only met them on Saturday, I felt sad that they were leaving. But I am sure we would meet again. After sending Renata and her family to the airport, Evelyn, Ken, Oma, Wolfgang and wife came back to the apartment. Everyone chatted a little more before the second round of goodbyes and farewells started when Wolfgang and wife had to go back. Again, hugs, kisses. Again I felt a sense of loss. I have seen what a big family is like via Evelyn's family, via Ken's family. I have not have the chance to experience it as my parents' families are in other countries and my own brother and his family is in UK. Thanks, Evelyn and Kenneth for showing me what a big family is like, and most importantly, for letting me be part of that family while I am here. Thank you!

Kenneth's children, Paul and Jane came over in the evening. We had a cosy little get-together, had some sushi and rolls. We also looked at the wedding gifts that Evelyn and Ken received. My gift to them was a very simple one. I thought what I have given them would be more meaningful than buying something for them as the girls and I worked together on it. It is a photo frame with the photos that I have taken over a 2 year period of Evelyn, Ken, Pippa and my family. Evelyn, Ken, Pippa and Oma, I would like you all to know that you are very special to us and we will always be family. :)



We watched the wedding video. It was so fun and there were giggles here and there as we watched ourselves on the tape. Seemed so surreal. The wedding has really happened, lol. We also viewed the photos that I have taken at the wedding, close to 200 photos, lol. I am really glad that everyone like the photos I have taken. I will burn the photos onto a CD so that Evelyn and Ken could have a copy.

Everyone retired early tonight, as the excitement over the preparation of the wedding, the wedding day itself, seemed to have caught up with us, lol. Well, not exactly everyone has retired early, I am still blogging away at this moment (melb time 12:46am, 26 March), lol.

No comments: