making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 14 July 2007

Writing, Blogging and Reading

Present time: 14:39pm
While supervising the girls on their writing of Chinese characters, I am also blogging away. Thought I might as well make use of the time to blog. But of course, I keep an eye on them, just in case they make mistakes, I can correct them in time.

3 Hours Ago: 11:35am
I bought some pre-school Chinese Write and Learn books for the girls as well as for my nephews in UK just today before lunch. My elder nephew, Abel will be starting his Chinese lessons soon so my brother asked me to get some Chinese writing books and send them over to UK. I might go look for more Chinese books for the boys since it is difficult to get such books in UK. Hey, YM, when will Abel be starting his lessons? I will try to send the books over soon.

2 Hours Ago: 12:30pm
After I bought the books at Popular Orchard, I met hubby back at Wheelock Place and we had lunch at Big O Cafe & Restaurant. Since it is vegetarian day today, we ordered a Side Salad with house dressing, Roasted Mushrooms with Herbs and a Crispy Fried Tofu & Portobello Mushroom Burger. The Crispy Fried Tofu & Portobello Mushroom Burger, which came with a side salad and a light sour yoghurt sauce/dip, was fantastic! The "buns" were two huge Portobello mushrooms and the "meat" was the crispy fried tofu. It was light, tasty and not oily. It was, surprisingly, full of flavour and it was very refreshing. You get your potassium and protein too. Good for those on diet, lol.




Hubby ordered a Spike D for dessert - it is a durian mousse-cake coated with a layer of chocolate. He said it was really good. Sorry, no photo to show as I do NOT fancy durian at all. As the durian smell was too strong for me to take, I left the cafe first. Instead, I went to Haato for my dessert fix - a double cup of Milk Tea and Tiramisu ice cream. Heavenly. =)

Present time: 15:01pm
I am going to log off now. I have to get back to my Black Order. It is calling me. Coming, dear. Sorry, folks. Talk to you later.

No comments: