making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 24 May 2008

Shopping and Surprise!

Today is my usual weekend routine with Juliane but with a surprise! Lol.

We went to Plaza Singapura close to 11am because I needed to get MORE magnets from Daiso for my work station. I am still pretty angry with the designer of the cubicles. The fabric walls (which are metal planks underneath) are really useless. We can't put up anything on the fabric walls unless we are using heavy duty magnets and these magnets are not easy to find. The usual white board magnets are useless for our fabric walls, they just can't hold the paper to the wall. :( Thank goodness, I have been able to find some pretty strong magnets from Daiso.

Before we ventured to Daiso and Carrefour (I needed a storage box), Juliane and I walked around Basement 2 (where most of the eateries are) to scout for a possible lunch venue after our shopping. While we were walking, I thought I heard someone calling me but I put it to my imagination. I mean who would be calling me?! I mean the chances of me meeting people, be it friends or family outside, are pretty rare. Then Juliane said "Mama, someone calling you". Huh? So I was not imagining it, someone was calling me. Just then, another shout of my name, I turned towards the sound and saw my good friend from work. What a surprise! Hahaha. He was there at a fast food restaurant having a meeting with some teachers. Gosh, working on a weekend too?! I really kow tow to him. :)

Juliane and I spent quite a fair amount of time at Daiso, lol. :P We managed to see more and more things that caught our attention, lol. But we both had to limit ourselves on what we really needed. Haha. It was almost 12:30pm by the time we were done at Daiso. Juliane was hungry so we went to a Chinese cafe for lunch. We had a simple lunch - fried rice and wanton soup. Since the storage box I need from Carrefour is a bulky item, I left that till last to buy before we go home. Not fun to lug a bulky item around while trying to shop, lol. We walked around the various shops at Plaza Singapura but concentrated to Basement 1, lol. Juliane got a pack of chocolates while I got myself an orange blouse, lol. It was almost 2:30pm when we went to Carrefour to get my storage box. Was thinking about taking a taxi home when my good friend called. He had finished his meeting and called to see if we were still around. He kindly offered to give us a lift home. :) Thanks!

When we got home, I had a long nap. I thought all that walking around would have tired out Juliane but it didn't! Instead, I was the one tired out, lol.

It was the usual weekend routine for us but with a surprise, meeting my friend and getting a lift home, lol.

No comments: