making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 13 September 2007

Pasta Dinner

I had to go to Takashimaya to get something tonight. So we took the girls out for dinner as well. As we both got home from work quite late around 7:30-ish, we only arrived at Takashimaya 8-ish pm. We took the girls to Pasta Cafe, Basement 2 of Ngee Ann City because they were hankering for spaghetti.

We ordered the following to share:
a New 1+1+1 Combo ($22.90++): Mushroom Soup + Seafood Pesto Cream Spaghetti + Bacon & Potato Penne Gratin.
The Mushroom soup was full of bite as mushroom were chopped finely and blended into the soup which was thickened with cream. The girls enjoyed the soup.


The Seafood Pesto Cream Spaghetti was average. Nothing spectacular. But I do like the creamy sauce and of course the seafood - half a slipper lobster, a prawn and a mussel.
The Bacon & Potato Penne Gratin was actually quite nice, not too cheesy. The penne was cooked in a light tomato base, and grilled with cheese. The bacon was crispy and the penne was not too dry.



Grilled Tender Pork Loin with Apple ($18.90++).
It is boneless pork loin grilled with apple and cheese in an egg coating, resulting in an egg omelette look-alike. The pork loin was served with sweet tomato concasse. I thought this dish was quite interesting with the apple, cheese and the pork but the tomato concasse seemed a bit too much, overpowered the unique combination.



The girls shared a Meatball & Sausage Spaghetti ($14.90++) which came with homemade chicken meatballs and chicken sausages sauteed in a special tomato sauce. The girls enjoyed it but I thought it was a tad too sweet for my liking.


I also ordered a Potato & Leek Soup which came with two pieces of garlic bread. However, I didn't get to drink much of the soup as the girls had almost finished it up. I had gone off to Taka to get my stuff after ordering the food. Thinking I would save time but came back with my soup almost gone, lol.


For desserts, the girls shared a Strawberry Short Cake. I didn't try it but it looked nice. Hubby ordered a single scoop of coffee ice-cream which came with corn flakes, nuts and he ordered marshmallows to go with it. I only tried a teaspoon but found the coffee ice cream too bitter. :P The girls however enjoyed sharing the ice cream with their father.





Hmm, strange, most of the dishes with the tomato sauce, I seemed to find them too sweet. Could be the result of my sugarless diet. :P

PS. I have yet to get my sugarless mooncakes. Must really go get them! Lol.

No comments: