making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 29 May 2015

60th Anniversary!

I was invited to my counselling school's 60th Anniversary dinner cum fundraising held at TeamNS@Bukit Batok. When I was queuing to register, I was led away to register at another table labelled "Guest-of-Honour, VIPs, Ps, VPs". I was really surprised! Lol. I am "important" tonight. :P
The dinner started after the speeches by the Principal and Guest-of-Honour. Dinner was delicious and plenty to go round as there were only 6 of us at the table and all ladies. :) There was a table game: "Guess the place" where there were nine photos of old landmarks in Singapore and each table had to fill in their names. I gave my age away when I excitedly called out one of the old landmarks - Van Kleef Aquarium to blank looks around the table of 6. :O Sigh. There were performances throughout the dinner - a play, Chinese cross-talk, choir, tap dance, etc. by the students as well as lucky draws. There was a silent auction that went on at the back of the banquet room for us to bid on pottery/ art items (by students) that we like. The school also launched a cookbook to raise funds which has recipes contributed by the staff, students, alumni and parents. Half-way through dinner, there was The Vintage Lace Collection Auction on the stage. 6 beautiful handmade vintage lace handbags were auctioned to raise funds for the school to build another building. 5 bags were successfully auctioned off except for one. Feeling that I should do my part for the school, I offered to buy the last handbag. I am now the proud owner of a red vintage lace handbag! :)
The dinner ended around 10pm. I left most happily with a cookbook, a vintage lace handbag and knowing that I have done my part to support the school which has looked upon me as part of the IJ family. :)

No comments: