making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 27 February 2014

Atypical Response

Juliane had another fall in school (she is getting quite clumsy :S) yesterday during PE lesson. Her PE teacher wanted to inform me about Juliane's fall. Before her teacher called me, she asked Juliane how she should address me. 
I thought the normal response from my daughter, or from any daughter on how to address her mother would be, if the parents are still married, "Mrs So-and-So" or if it's single parent, it would be "Ms So-and-So" or "Mdm So-and-So". 
Instead this is my daughter's response to her teacher, "Since my mother has a PhD, you call her Dr Wong." 
Well, it is not wrong in what she said but it just not the typical response... Perhaps she is proud of the fact that her mother has a PhD lol.

No comments: