making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 2 December 2013

Brisbane Fun Day 5/ Gold Coast Fun Day 1

Today was our last day in Brisbane as we set off for Gold Coast at noon. I secured a late check-out at 11am to accommodate my friend, Azlina as she has to move out from her Taringa unit between 10-11am. While waiting for 11am, I double-checked that I have packed everything into our two luggage, threw out as well as recycled our rubbish at the Garbage Room. 
Juliane holding the door for me, our apartment is the only one in this corridor :)
At 11am, I completed my check-out from Meriton and stored my two pieces of luggage at Meriton's luggage storage until I return to Meriton again on 5 December. It was wonderful that Meriton could store our luggage. I can't imagine me lugging two big luggage plus a trolley bag all to Gold Coast. Unfortunately, Azlina was running late and so we set off for Gold Coast first as check-in for our Gold Coast accommodation was between 12-2pm. Azlina would meet us at the Gold Coast accommodation later in the afternoon.
Waiting for news of Azlina after our check-out
The lobby of Meriton on Herschel Street
We managed to catch the 11:57am Airport Line from Roma Street Station to Nerang Station, Gold Coast. We arrived in Nerang by 1:05pm! The journey felt really short. :) 
Our train arrived right on time at 11:57am
Arrived at Nerang Station
By 1:30pm, we arrived at our Gold Coast accommodation, Voyager Resort at Broadbeach via taxi. I chose to stay at Broadbeach rather than at Surfers Paradise because I wanted somewhere quieter. Check-in was a breeze and we were given Apartment 10D on the 10th level. :) There are 4 apartments on each level. While the Voyager Resort apartment is not luxurious like the Meriton's, it is practical and functional and best of all, the ocean view is amazing! :) 
The view from the door - hallway and two doors on the right belong to the bedroom and bathroom
The bedroom
There's a balcony in the bedroom
View from the bedroom balcony
View from bedroom balcony
Bathroom + laundry room
The kitchen and dining area
The living area and balcony. What a view!
Views from the living room balcony
Juliane loves the view and is tickled at how strong the wind is
Just as we were about to leave for Pacific Fair Shopping Centre which is 10 minutes' walk away, Azlina arrived at Voyager Resort. After letting her settle down and we booked our Springbrook National Park tour for Wednesday, we walked over to Pacific Fair for a late lunch at 3+pm. After lunch, we managed to do a bit of souvenir shopping and grocery shopping as well. :)
Voyager Resort holiday apartment
Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
Juliane's late lunch - Mckkies' McWrap with grilled chicken. This is not found in Singapore!
We headed back to our apartment as the shops were all closed by 5:30pm, except for Coles but there was only so much that we can buy for our three days' stay at the Gold Coast. :P
Thought I could still catch the sunset but I was too late, it went dark really quickly. Will definitely do my best to catch the sunset tomorrow. Will definitely catch the sunrise tomorrow too. :)

No comments: