making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 19 June 2013

PSI 321!

I can hardly believe my eyes when I saw the Pollutant Standards Index reading. It was 321 at 10pm!! When the PSI value is in the range of above 300, the air becomes "hazardous". The PSI value of 321 at 10pm, 19 June 2013 is now officially the worst reading in Singapore's history. The previous worst reading was 226, in 1997. No wonder my nose-throat problem acted up as I was working with my girls on our Taipei 2013 trip travel journal/ scrapbook. 
The haze is definitely a health hazard to old folks and children, people with respiratory and heart issues, as well as expecting mothers. When will this ever end? Every year, we face the same problem. It is not new. Our neighbour doesn't seem very neighbourly as the same haze problem occurs every year. Sigh. 

No comments: