making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Bedtime

Juliane usually sleeps around 9pm-ish. Tonight, She asked her older sister to sleep with her but her sister refused, "Mei Mei, you talk too much! I don't want to sleep with you". Juliane started arguing with her sister that she doesn't talk too much. Before the argument could escalate into a quarrel, I stepped in and offered to accompany Juliane to bed.

While lying in bed, Juliane started talking. I shhhhh-ed her. But she continued talking. So I decided to keep quiet and not answer her at all. It worked. She stopped talking too. But instead, she started to sing!

".. I have got the whole world in my hands, I have got the whole world in my hands..." It was off tune and was pretty funny. But I couldn't laugh as I had to pretend I was asleep, lest she starts talking to me again. Soon her song became "I have got you and me in my hands, I have got you and me in my hands..." and it went on for quite a while. She was quiet again. I thought "Great! She is finally asleep". But I was wrong. She started talking to herself.

Her monologue went from about the life cycle of a seed (with actions too! I peeped to see what she was up to.) to telling herself a story to a pretend "conversation" with her friend (I hope it was a pretend conversation!). Goodness, she really talks a lot. No wonder, Marieann refused to sleep with her sister, haha. Hmmm, I wonder where Juliane gets her talkative trait from, lol. :P

Finally, Juliane was fast asleep by 10pm. Just in time for me to watch the new season of CSI: NY. Lol.

No comments: