making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 8 February 2008

Happy Chinese New Year: Day 2

It is the second day of Chinese New Year. It is the busiest time of CNY for us. We have family friends and family coming to visit us as well as coming to our place for our Hockchew Red Wine Chicken with Mee Sua lol.

My parents were up really early in the morning to prepare the Red Wine Chicken soup. My mother also prepared her Braised Pork Buns. The mee sua could only be prepared when the guests have arrived, bowl by bowl. By 10am+, our family and friends started arriving. They had to eat in three batches because our dining table could only seat 10 people at most, lol. :P

In the afternoon, I went to visit my former SCGS primary teacher, Miss Olive Tan. I would visit her every CNY with my girls. I also met my former SCGS secondary teacher, Miss Wee at Miss Tan's place. It was nice catching up with them about the old school days. Thank goodness, I was a quiet and kuai girl in school so no complaints about me from them, hahaha. :P

After dinner, I dropped over at my friends' place to keep their cat, BC company and to make sure he has enough food and water. It is the least I could do to help them during this difficult time. BC was glad to see me! That is nice. He was meowing away at me when he saw me and was brushing against my leg, lol. :) I was working on my notebook in the study and BC kept me company too by staying in the study for the two hours plus I was there. BC is such an adorable cat. I miss him a lot too. Wish I can take him home with me, lol.

No comments: