making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 23 January 2015

Comfort (Medicinal) Soup

I accidentally pulled my back again yesterday. It is the second time within 1.5 weeks! :( Either I am really clumsy or I am getting old. :( I worked from home as I didn't fancy taking the public transport with my back in this state. At lunch time, I was surprised by my mother. She cooked for me black chicken soup double-boiled with some herbs which are supposedly good for strengthening the back and bones.
The soup was a real comfort for me. Besides being tasty (no horrible, bitter herbal taste but rather light and refreshing), the soup brought back childhood memories for me. I was a very sickly child when young (falling ill at least once/ twice a month) and my mother used to double-boil all kinds of herbal soups for me, trying to build up my immunity and strength. 
Thank you, Mama!

No comments: